The right payment gateway partner can mean the difference between success and failure in today’s shifting climate. This is true whether you’re just getting ready to bring your software to market and need your first payment integration or you have a mature product with existing integrations.
In most industries:
- Customer expectations are evolving.
- New post-COVID-19 business models are developing.
- Contactless payments continue to gain popularity.
- Merchants need built-in efficiencies, including automatic data sharing with accounting, streamlined processes, time savings, and fewer errors.
- Merchants need greater visibility into revenues across all sales channels.
- Merchants are seeking effective ways to engage with their end customers.
Tackling all of the above on your own is a tall order and, frankly, unnecessary. While you could spend time and resources building this functionality into your software, much can be accomplished with the help of your payment integration partner. Unfortunately, all too often, payment gateways fall short of their promises and do little more than provide basic electronic processing services.
Measure your current and future gateway providers against these 5 criteria.
1. Real choice of hardware and processors—Does your partner give you hundreds of options when it comes to selecting processors/acquirers and certified payment devices for card-present and -not-present applications, or are you forced to choose from a limited list?
2. Partner-centric—Does your gateway offer a single easy-to-integrate SDK, the option to pursue your own EMV Level 3 processor certification, unlimited integration support, and the ability to white label and self-brand the gateway pieces of your application?
3. Security-focused—Is your gateway committed to adhering to the most stringent security standards and best practices to safeguard you and your merchants? Does your gateway offer a PCI P2PE v2.0-certified solution? Does your gateway have a PCI PIN certification?
4. Broad OS support—Not every app being developed or supported today is on Android. Does your gateway provide flexibility by fully supporting Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android operating systems?
5. Omnichannel support—Can your gateway give you and your customers access to non-siloed data from card-present and -not-present transactions? Does your gateway offer a modular omnichannel payments solution that allows you to meet your customers at their levels of need?
Receiving high marks in all the above is rare, but possible with the right gateway. To learn why NMI is the last and only payment gateway you will ever need, download this whitepaper.
Fill out the form below and we will get in touch with you shortly
The Generational Shift in Consumer Shopping Behaviors
With every generation, consumer behaviors change. Gen Z (ages 18-24) and Zillennial (25-26) shoppers grew up online. Many don’t remember a tim...Learn More
An Introduction to Payment Terms and Concepts
The payments space has a language all of its own. Who are acquirers? What’s a payment terminal? What about a PayFac? Whether you’re a new busi...Learn More
How NMI is Making 2023 the Best Year Yet for Our Partners
The payments industry has changed dramatically over the past several years. In 2020, consumer expectations shifted, and we saw a sudden rise i...Learn More
What You Need to Know About Buy Now, Pay Later Legislation
What if you could finance and pay for a purchase over time without a credit check or signing up for a personal loan? Buy Now, Pay Later (BNPL)...Learn More
4 Steps to Make Your ISO Business More Profitable in 2023
As headlines warn of a potential recession, consumers are tightening their belts in preparation for a challenging year. While so much negative...Learn More
NMI Achieves Milestone Year in 2022 With Industry Recognition, Acquisitions and New Partnerships
Through acquisitions and continued platform investments, the company will continue to support partners from sign-up to pay-out across the comm...Learn More
The Evolution of Public Parking Payments
Parking payment solutions have evolved significantly since their inception. The first parking meters were installed in Oklahoma City in 1935 (...Learn More
The State of Public Transportation in the United States, the United Kingdom and Europe
'A developed country is not a place where the poor have cars. It's where the rich use public transportation.' - Gustavo Petro Public transpor...Learn More
Adding Value to Payment Solutions: 3 Ways to Generate More Revenue
Generating more revenue can be tricky - especially as consumers and businesses tighten their belts and cut back on spending. Should you add mo...Learn More
New NMI Report Finds Convenience and Speed Drive Consumers’ Eagerness to Try New Payments Innovations
SCHAUMBURG, IL – JANUARY 17, 2023 – NMI, a leading full commerce enablement technology company, today released its inaugural Payments Innovati...Learn More