EMV Group Rebrands to go Beyond Chip Cards
- The industry-led EMV Migration Forum is changing its name and expanding its focus to accommodate the myriad changes that are happening alongside the move to chip cards.
- Now called The U.S. Payments Forum, it will address the challenges that retailers, acquirers, issuers, processors and technology companies face given the ongoing development of tokenization, contactless payments, mobile technology, point to point encryption and other digital technologies.
Visa Releases New EMV Data
- As of the end of last month, Visa reported that there are now 326.8 million chip cards in the U.S. market — a number that outweighs the actual number of residents in the country.
- The card network’s latest data shows that the U.S added more than 100,000 chip-enabled merchant locations last month, bringing the total number to 1.3 million. That represents nearly 28 percent of the entire merchant population in the U.S. More than three-quarters of the merchants that are ready and able to accept chip card payments are small and medium-sized businesses, Visa said.
EMV Migration Forum Changes name to U.S. Payments Forum
- The EMV Migration Forum has been instrumental in the progress of the U.S. migration to EMV chip technology by providing a forum for essential cooperation and coordination across the whole payments ecosystem, including retailers, card issuers, networks, acquirers, processors, technology providers and industry associations.
- To provide expanded support for the payments ecosystem, the EMV Migration Forum today announced that it will change its name to the U.S. Payments Forum. The U.S. Payments Forum will continue to support the chip migration while also broadening its focus to other new and emerging payments technologies in the U.S.
Fill out the form below and we will get in touch with you shortly
The Generational Shift in Consumer Shopping Behaviors
With every generation, consumer behaviors change. Gen Z (ages 18-24) and Zillennial (25-26) shoppers grew up online. Many don’t remember a tim...Learn More
An Introduction to Payment Terms and Concepts
The payments space has a language all of its own. Who are acquirers? What’s a payment terminal? What about a PayFac? Whether you’re a new busi...Learn More
How NMI is Making 2023 the Best Year Yet for Our Partners
The payments industry has changed dramatically over the past several years. In 2020, consumer expectations shifted, and we saw a sudden rise i...Learn More
What You Need to Know About Buy Now, Pay Later Legislation
What if you could finance and pay for a purchase over time without a credit check or signing up for a personal loan? Buy Now, Pay Later (BNPL)...Learn More
4 Steps to Make Your ISO Business More Profitable in 2023
As headlines warn of a potential recession, consumers are tightening their belts in preparation for a challenging year. While so much negative...Learn More
NMI Achieves Milestone Year in 2022 With Industry Recognition, Acquisitions and New Partnerships
Through acquisitions and continued platform investments, the company will continue to support partners from sign-up to pay-out across the comm...Learn More
The Evolution of Public Parking Payments
Parking payment solutions have evolved significantly since their inception. The first parking meters were installed in Oklahoma City in 1935 (...Learn More
The State of Public Transportation in the United States, the United Kingdom and Europe
'A developed country is not a place where the poor have cars. It's where the rich use public transportation.' - Gustavo Petro Public transpor...Learn More
Adding Value to Payment Solutions: 3 Ways to Generate More Revenue
Generating more revenue can be tricky - especially as consumers and businesses tighten their belts and cut back on spending. Should you add mo...Learn More
New NMI Report Finds Convenience and Speed Drive Consumers’ Eagerness to Try New Payments Innovations
SCHAUMBURG, IL – JANUARY 17, 2023 – NMI, a leading full commerce enablement technology company, today released its inaugural Payments Innovati...Learn More