Will the Olympics ‘payment ring’ jumpstart NFC demand
- Near Field Communication (NFC) – the “mobile wallet” technology – hasn’t exactly gone mainstream yet. And experts don’t expect it will anytime soon, even with some high-profile promo at the upcoming Olympic and Paralympic Games in Rio.
- While it has been available to consumers for a couple of years from mega-vendors like Google, Samsung and Apple, it is a long way from displacing the legacy credit card. Google even dropped support for its Google Wallet Card last month (Android Pay is still available).
Visa Updated EMV Numbers
- Visa announced numbers indicating accelerating EMV-related growth among its issuers and merchants ahead of last week's Q2 2016 earnings call.
- Visa’s strong performance is a critical benchmark for the industry since, as the largest card network, EMV growth among Visa issuers and merchants could point to industry-wide acceleration.
Visa/PayPal and the Future of Payments
- There’s no doubt that the announcement of the Visa/PayPal partnership shook the payments world more than a little bit last Thursday.
- Over the last year, PayPal CEO Dan Schulman made a point, every chance he could, to let everyone know that he was the chief of a decidedly different PayPal, post its eBay independence. That PayPal, he said, was one that embraced partnerships and consumer choice. The network that started life steering consumers to ACH, he emphasized, was now indifferent to tender type. The consumer ruled.
Fill out the form below and we will get in touch with you shortly
NMI Will Exhibit & Present at 2023 ETA TRANSACT Event in April
NMI will exhibit at the 2023 ETA TRANSACT conference in Atlanta, Georgia, from the 24-26th of April. TRANSACT offers an incredible opportunity...Learn More
A Beginner's Guide to Biometric Authentication for Payments
Phone, wallet, keys - the three “essentials” everyone scrambles to find before leaving home. Traditional payment transactions require consumer...Learn More
Finaro, Mastercard, Northmill and NMI Partner To Pioneer First Cloud Commerce Deployment in Europe
Finaro, the global cross-border payment provider and fully licensed bank, has today announced its European Cloud Commerce deployment with paym...Learn More
The Generational Shift in Consumer Shopping Behaviors
With every generation, consumer behaviors change. Gen Z (ages 18-24) and Zillennial (25-26) shoppers grew up online. Many don’t remember a tim...Learn More
An Introduction to Payment Terms and Concepts
The payments space has a language all of its own. Who are acquirers? What’s a payment terminal? What about a PayFac? Whether you’re a new busi...Learn More
How NMI is Making 2023 the Best Year Yet for Our Partners
The payments industry has changed dramatically over the past several years. In 2020, consumer expectations shifted, and we saw a sudden rise i...Learn More
What You Need to Know About Buy Now, Pay Later Legislation
What if you could finance and pay for a purchase over time without a credit check or signing up for a personal loan? Buy Now, Pay Later (BNPL)...Learn More
4 Steps to Make Your ISO Business More Profitable in 2023
As headlines warn of a potential recession, consumers are tightening their belts in preparation for a challenging year. While so much negative...Learn More
NMI Achieves Milestone Year in 2022 With Industry Recognition, Acquisitions and New Partnerships
Through acquisitions and continued platform investments, the company will continue to support partners from sign-up to pay-out across the comm...Learn More
The Evolution of Public Parking Payments
Parking payment solutions have evolved significantly since their inception. The first parking meters were installed in Oklahoma City in 1935 (...Learn More